Want lashes that look fabulously fake? Well, darling, you need to avoid some common faux pas.
Don't make the mistake of choosing the wrong adhesive or sleeping with those lashes on. And don't even think about neglecting proper cleaning techniques or overusing those beauties.
Oh, and whatever you do, don't apply mascara on your fake lashes.
Follow these tips, and you'll have lashes that are absolutely on point.
- Choose the right adhesive based on your needs and preferences, considering factors such as skin type, lash type, and desired longevity.
- Properly care for and remove fake lashes to maintain their longevity and prevent damage.
- Regularly clean fake lashes to avoid buildup of dirt, oil, and bacteria.
- Give natural lashes a break to prevent damage and maintain their health, avoiding overuse of fake lashes.
Choosing the Wrong Adhesive
Choose an adhesive that suits your needs to ensure long-lasting and secure application of your fake lashes. The right adhesive can make all the difference in how well your lashes stay in place throughout the day. When selecting an adhesive, consider factors such as your skin type, the type of lashes you're using, and the longevity you desire.
If you have oily skin, opt for a waterproof adhesive to prevent the lashes from lifting or falling off. For a natural look, choose a clear adhesive that dries transparently. On the other hand, if you want a dramatic effect, go for a black adhesive that blends seamlessly with your eyeliner.
Now that you have chosen the perfect adhesive, let's move on to the next topic: sleeping with fake lashes on.
Sleeping With Fake Lashes on
To ensure the longevity and integrity of your fake lashes, it's essential to properly care for them, even while you sleep. Sleeping with fake lashes on can lead to damage and prevent them from lasting as long as they should.
The friction caused by rubbing your face against the pillow can cause the lashes to become tangled or even fall off. Additionally, the adhesive used to attach the lashes may not hold up well overnight, leading to them coming loose.
To avoid these issues, it's recommended to remove your fake lashes before going to bed. Gently peel them off using a lash remover or warm water, and store them properly in their original case.
Neglecting Proper Cleaning Techniques
You should regularly clean your fake lashes to maintain their quality and extend their lifespan. Neglecting proper cleaning techniques can lead to buildup of dirt, oils, and bacteria, which can not only make your lashes look dull and unattractive but also pose a risk to your eye health. To ensure that your fake lashes stay in pristine condition, follow these simple cleaning steps:
|1||Gently remove any glue residue||After each use|
|2||Soak lashes in warm soapy water||Once a week|
|3||Use a clean spoolie to brush out debris||After each use|
|4||Allow lashes to air dry on a clean towel||Before storing them|
Overusing Fake Lashes
Don't overdo it with fake lashes – give your natural lashes a break to prevent damage and maintain their health.
While it's tempting to wear false lashes every day for that dramatic look, it's important to remember that your natural lashes need time to breathe and recover. Overusing fake lashes can lead to several issues, including weakened and brittle natural lashes, lash loss, and even eye infections.
Take breaks in between wearing false lashes to allow your natural lashes to regenerate and strengthen. Opt for a more natural look on some days by skipping the fake lashes altogether.
Applying Mascara on Fake Lashes
Applying mascara to fake lashes enhances their volume and definition. It's a great way to make your eyes pop and achieve a more dramatic look. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind to ensure the best results:
- Choose the right mascara: Opt for a mascara that's specifically formulated for use with fake lashes. These mascaras usually have a lighter formula that won't weigh down your lashes or cause them to clump together.
- Apply with a light hand: Start by applying a thin coat of mascara to your natural lashes before applying your fake lashes. This will help blend your natural lashes with the fake ones for a more seamless look.
- Avoid overdoing it: Remember, less is more when it comes to applying mascara on fake lashes. Applying too much mascara can make your fake lashes look heavy and unnatural.