Are your fake eyelashes looking tired and worn out? Don't fret, because you're about to become a master at caring for and storing them!
In this article, we'll show you the step-by-step process for cleaning and drying your lashes, as well as the best way to store them to keep them looking fabulous.
Plus, we'll share some insider tips to help you prolong the lifespan of your favorite falsies.
Get ready to up your lash game!
- Use a small, soft brush designed for cleaning eyelashes and brush gently from root to tip to remove residue.
- Remove leftover mascara, eyeliner, or adhesive by using gentle, oil-free eye makeup remover on a cotton pad and swiping it along the length of the lashes.
- Dry and remove excess glue by using a clean cotton swab or spoolie brush dipped in makeup remover or oil-free micellar water, and swiping it along the lash band until all excess glue is removed.
- Properly store fake eyelashes in a small plastic or acrylic container with a lid, laying them flat to prevent bending or misshaping, and keeping them away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
Cleaning Tools for Fake Eyelashes
Use a small, soft brush to gently remove any residue from your fake eyelashes. This step is crucial in maintaining the cleanliness and longevity of your false lashes.
The brush should be specifically designed for cleaning eyelashes, with soft bristles that won't damage the delicate strands. Start by holding the lash strip firmly at the base and lightly brushing from root to tip. Be careful not to pull or tug on the lashes, as this can cause them to become loose or even detach from the strip.
Take your time and be thorough, making sure to remove any leftover mascara, eyeliner, or adhesive. Once the lashes are clean, you can proceed to the next step of caring for and storing your fake eyelashes.
Step-by-Step Cleaning Process
To begin cleaning your fake eyelashes, start by gently brushing them with a small, soft brush to remove any residue. This will help to keep them looking fresh and extend their lifespan.
Here's a step-by-step guide to help you through the cleaning process:
- Place a small amount of gentle, oil-free eye makeup remover on a cotton pad.
- Gently swipe the cotton pad along the length of the lashes to remove any remaining makeup or adhesive.
- Rinse the lashes under lukewarm water to remove any excess makeup remover.
- Gently pat the lashes dry with a clean towel or paper towel, being careful not to tug or pull on the lashes.
Drying and Removing Excess Glue
After gently patting the lashes dry, you can now move on to drying and removing any excess glue that may be on the lashes. Here's a simple and effective way to do it:
|Step 1||Grab a clean cotton swab or a spoolie brush.|
|Step 2||Dip the cotton swab or brush in makeup remover or oil-free micellar water.|
|Step 3||Gently swipe the cotton swab or brush along the lash band, focusing on areas with visible glue residue.|
|Step 4||Repeat the process until all the excess glue is removed.|
Storing Fake Eyelashes Properly
To properly store your fake eyelashes and maintain their shape and longevity, you'll need a clean and designated storage container. Here are a few tips to help you store your fake eyelashes properly:
- Use a small plastic or acrylic container with a lid to protect your lashes from dust and debris.
- Lay your lashes flat in the container to prevent them from getting bent or misshapen.
- Store your lashes away from direct sunlight and heat sources to avoid any damage.
- Keep a pair of tweezers in the container to easily pick up and place your lashes.
By following these storage tips, you can ensure that your fake eyelashes remain in good condition and last longer.
Now, let's move on to the next section where we'll discuss some tips for prolonging the lifespan of your fake eyelashes.
Tips for Prolonging the Lifespan of Fake Eyelashes
Now, let's talk about how you can prolong the lifespan of your fake eyelashes. Taking proper care of your falsies is essential to ensure they last longer and maintain their quality. Here are some tips to help you maximize the lifespan of your fake eyelashes:
|1. Clean them properly||Remove any leftover glue or mascara by gently wiping the lashes with a cotton swab soaked in makeup remover.|
|2. Handle with care||Avoid pulling or tugging on the lashes when applying or removing them. Use tweezers or your fingers to hold them from the band instead of the lashes themselves.|
|3. Avoid mascara||Applying mascara to your fake lashes can cause clumping and damage. Instead, apply mascara to your natural lashes before putting on the falsies.|
|4. Store them properly||Keep your fake eyelashes in their original packaging or a clean, dry container to protect them from dust and damage.|