Have you ever struggled with cleaning and storing your fake eyelashes?
Imagine this: you've just spent hours perfecting your makeup, and now you need to figure out how to properly clean and store your beloved lashes.
Well, fear not! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to ensure your fake eyelashes are clean, well-maintained, and ready for their next glamorous appearance.
Let's get started!
- Gather necessary supplies: gentle oil-free makeup remover, cotton swab or pad, small clean bowl or dish, pair of tweezers, lash brush or comb.
- Cleanse lashes with a mixture of baby shampoo and warm water, being cautious not to damage them while removing glue and makeup.
- Air dry lashes naturally for 1-2 hours, avoiding the use of a hairdryer or direct heat source.
- Store lashes in a clean and dry lash case or small plastic container, protecting them from high humidity and extreme temperatures.
Gather Necessary Supplies
First, you'll need to gather the necessary supplies for cleaning and storing your fake eyelashes. To start, make sure you have a gentle oil-free makeup remover, a cotton swab or pad, and a small clean bowl or dish. You'll also need a pair of tweezers and a lash brush or comb. These tools will help you remove excess glue and makeup, as well as keep your lashes looking fresh and clean.
Once you have all these supplies ready, you can move on to the next step of the cleaning process: removing excess glue and makeup. This is an important step to ensure your fake eyelashes stay in good condition and can be reused.
Remove Excess Glue and Makeup
To begin removing excess glue and makeup from your fake eyelashes, start by gently gripping the lashes with a pair of tweezers.
Here are three simple steps to help you effectively clean your fake eyelashes:
- Carefully peel off any residual glue: Use the tweezers to gently peel off any remaining glue from the lash band. Be cautious not to pull too hard as it may damage the lashes.
- Remove makeup residue: Take a cotton pad soaked in an oil-free makeup remover and gently swipe it along the lashes. This will help dissolve and remove any leftover mascara or eyeshadow.
- Cleanse with a gentle solution: Mix a small amount of baby shampoo with warm water and dip a cotton swab into the solution. Gently dab the swab along the lash band to clean it thoroughly.
Clean the Lashes With Gentle Solution
Now, you can cleanse your fake eyelashes with a gentle solution to ensure they are thoroughly clean and ready for reuse. Cleaning your lashes properly is essential for maintaining their shape and prolonging their lifespan. To help you with this process, here is a simple step-by-step guide:
|1||Fill a small bowl with warm water and add a few drops of gentle cleanser or baby shampoo.|
|2||Gently swish the lashes in the solution for about 30 seconds to remove any dirt, oil, or residue.|
|3||Rinse the lashes with clean water to remove the cleanser.|
|4||Use a clean towel or tissue to gently pat the lashes dry, being careful not to tug or pull on them.|
Air Dry the Lashes
Allow the lashes to air dry completely before storing them. This step is crucial in maintaining the shape and integrity of your fake eyelashes. Here are some tips to help you air dry your lashes effectively:
- Gently pat the lashes with a clean towel to remove excess water.
- Avoid using a hairdryer or any direct heat source, as this can damage the delicate fibers.
- Find a clean and dry surface to lay the lashes flat, ensuring they aren't overlapping or crumpled.
- Give them enough time to dry naturally. This usually takes around 1-2 hours, depending on the thickness of the lashes.
- Once they're completely dry, carefully inspect them for any remaining moisture before moving on to the next step.
Store the Lashes Properly
Make sure to securely store your fake eyelashes to protect them from damage and keep them in excellent condition.
After air drying the lashes, it's important to store them properly to avoid any potential damage or deformation. One easy way to store your fake eyelashes is by using a clean and dry lash case or a small plastic container. Gently place the lashes in the case, making sure they aren't crumpled or bent.
You can also use a small piece of tissue paper to keep the lashes in place and maintain their shape. Avoid storing your fake eyelashes in areas with high humidity or extreme temperatures, as this can cause them to lose their shape or become brittle.